Are you seeking stress-free summer vacations in India..??
Everyone is fond of looking for a long trip throughout the summer, away from the sweltering temperatures and hustle-bustle of inland city life. With the temperature in India reaching new highs, everyone will be looking for places to visit in summer.
This gathered a list of some of India’s most popular Summer destinations along with some of the must-see tourist attractions, is our attempt to assist you in planning an unforgettable summer holiday in India, whether it’s a family break, a get-together of friends, or a romantic escape for couples…!!!!!
Try visiting these 15 best summer destinations in India for a great holiday…..!!!!!
1. Auli: The Skiing Paradise
Auli, India’s leading ski resort destination, is a small but picturesque village away from the crowded corner of Uttarakhand. Auli stands at an elevation of roughly 3000 meters and is surrounded by oak, deodars, and coniferous and pine forests. It provides panoramic views of some of India’s highest peaks, including Nanda Devi, the country’s second-highest mountain range. Auli is known as a site where nature comes to life in all of its majesty and magnificence.
Options For Spending Time in Auli
- As being the skiing capital of India, It offers enjoyable skiing activities.
- The Auli Artificial Lake is a sight to behold.
- Do camping along with nature.
- Joshimath’s and Chattrakund lake domains are worth exploring.
- A ropeway (Asia’s second-highest ropeway) trip facility will take you to the top of the world.
- The Auli Gorson and Tapovan trek will push you to your limits.
Best Way To Get To Auli
The nearest airport to Auli is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun (286 KM away) and the nearest railway station is Rishikesh Railway Station (255 KM away).
It is well connected with roads as well and Cab services are also easily available.
2. Ladakh: An Adventurous and Breathtaking Getaway
Although the motorways to Leh from Manali and Srinagar open up a little later in May, Ladakh comes to life in May when most of the internal roads open up for vehicles to travel.
Ladakh, fondly known as “Little Tibet” is no longer India’s best tourist secret and is now one of the top spots to visit in summers in North India. This freezing desert at a high altitude in India is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Prepare to be wowed by the rocky environment, high-altitude mountain passes, crystal clear lakes, tranquil Tibetan Monasteries, and charming villages that will make you forget about summer.
Options For Spending Time in Ladakh
- In the Nubra valley, ride a double-humped Bactrian Camel.
- Rafting down the Indus river.
- Beautiful spots like Khardung-La Pass and Magnetic Hill.
- Ladakh’s Monasteries are worth visiting.
- Explore the sights of Leh Palace and Shanti Stupa.
- Some great places to visit like The Zanskar Valley, Pangong Tso Moriri and Hemis National Park.
- Try riding your bike down a rocky trail, if you are looking for a thriller experience.
Best Way To Get To Ladakh
The most direct route to Ladakh is via road. You can either drive from Manali or Srinagar.
Leh’s Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport is another option.
3. Manali: Unusual Routes With Unusual Appeal
Manali in Himachal Pradesh is a renowned backpacking and honeymoon destination. Manali is one of the best tourist places in India because of its popular visit sites. It offers you everything that you need for a perfect holiday including scenic beauty, adventure, and many breathtaking sites. The charming place is surrounded by lush flora nourished by the river Beas. Manali is the epicenter of adventure sports such as river rafting, paragliding and trekking, and much more. From adventure sports enthusiasts to Families to Honeymooners seeking restorative mountain air and a taste of snow on a day trip to Rohtang pass, Manali is unquestionably one of the best holiday spots in India in May.
Options For Spending Time in Manali
- Enjoy adventure sports at Solang Valley.
- Not to be missed place for snow- Rohtang Pass.
- Take a rafting trip along the Beas River.
- Interesting sights like Hadimba Temple, The Club House, and the Van Vihar Himalayan Nyingmapa Gompa Monastery.
- Have short journeys to Kullu, Jogini Falls, Manikaran Gurudwara, Arjuna Guffa, Bhrigu Lake, and Vashisht Hot Water Springs.
- Surely spend some time at the Apple Orchards.
Best Way To Get To Manali
The drive to Manali is stunning, So using a cab, bus or car is the best way to arrive at the hill town.
The nearest airport is Bhuntar which is 50 Kms away only and Chandigarh railway station is the nearest rail route which is 350 Km away.
4. Rishikesh: Adventure And Otherworldiness
Rishikesh- the World’s Yoga Capital and the birthplace of ancient mind-body practices are located at the foothills of the Himalayas in Uttarakhand. Rishikesh is a fantastic vacation destination because of its abundance of historic temples, cafes, yoga centers, and many adventure activities. The gorgeous city appears to be suspended between beautiful riverside promenades, long forests, lush green mountains, and an awesome blue sky.
Options For Spending Time in Rishikesh
- River Bank Camping anf Glamping.
- Fox flying on wires.
- Learn A to Z of Yoga.
- Rafting on the River Ganga.
- Indulge in Ayurveda and Meditation.
- Visit our ancient Temples.
- See Neer Gaddu Waterfall.
- Lakshman Jhula, Beatles Ashram, Ram Jhula, and Tera Manzil Temple are among the sights to view.
Best Way To Get To Rishikesh
Rishikesh has the nearest air connectivity to Delhi Airport or Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun.
Haridwar is the closest railway station to Rishikesh.
5. Ooty: Visual Delight With Botanical Gardens
Ooty is like heaven to south India- a much cooler place than other southwestern coastal areas. Nestled in the Nilgiri hills, is one of the most popular, attractive, and all-weather tourist destinations. The popular toy train will transport you across the lovely slopes nearby. The visitors to this small hill station will find a variety of locations to explore as well as adventurous activities. Following that there are charming cottages, small walled flower gardens, verdant surrounds, and terraced botanical gardens, all of which are a visual delight.
Options For Spending Time in Ooty
- Surely pay a visit to coffee and tea farms.
- Take a visual treat to botanical gardens’ beauty.
- A delightful toy train ride to Nilgiri Mountains.
- Camping and hiking at Avalanche lake.
- Enjoy Golf at the golf course.
- Visit some picnic spots like Emerald lake, and Kamaraj Sagar Dam.
- Surely have a bunch of homemade chocolates.
- A spectacular view of Nilgiri hills from the Doddabetta Peak.
Best Way To Get To Ooty
Coimbatore airport is 95 km away from Ooty.
The best and most convenient way to arrive at the hill town is through the Nilgiri Mountain Railways.
Many private, as well as public bus services, are available from the state transport service.
6. Shimla: Unique Charm Of Hills
The capital city of Himachal Pradesh-Shimla is one of the best places and the most popular tourist destination to visit in the summer in India. It is 342 Kilometers away from the national capital, Delhi So making it an easy weekend gateway for visitors. The city is well known for its accessibility and abundance of tourist attractions. The pleasant temperature was the main reason why the British colonists chose to spend their summers here- making it the Summer Capital.
Options For Spending Time in Shimla
- Tattapani is a great place to go for White Water Rafting.
- Enjoy a toy train from Kalka to Shimla.
- Take a stroll down to Mall Road to dine and shop.
- Go to the lovely Christ Church on the Ridge.
- Give a worthy visit to Jhakhu Hanuman Temple.
- A trip to the picturesque hill towns of Kufri, Chail, and Mashobra.
Best Way To Get To Shimla
Jubbarhatti, the nearest airport is 23 km from the city, and the Kalka railway station is the nearest railway station.
Regular buses and cabs are available from all the major cities. Road connectivity is also good.
7. Spiti Valley: Barren Himalayan Beauty
Spiti is quickly becoming one of the most popular summer holiday spots in India. The lengthy winding roads and deep valleys covered in lush green foliage provide an excellent excuse to jump on one’s bike and ride to the frigid deserts of Spiti. This Himachal Pradesh hill station is one of the coldest in the country, making it a wonderful place to escape the summer heat.
Options For Spending Time in Spiti
- Mountain biking is a must-do option if you are in Spiti.
- Visits to various Monasteries.
- Camping, Trekking, and river rafting are not to be missed here.
- Some places to visit are Kaza, Nako, Tabo, Losar.
- Go to Pin Valley National Park.
Best Way To Get To Spiti
Kullu is the nearest airport to Spiti and the nearest railway station is in Shimla.
If you talk about the best way then definitely go for bike riding…!!!
8. Munnar: Tranquil Summer Escape
Munnar is a charming town and a beautiful hill station in Kerala’s (God’s Own Country) western ghats. Munnar, located at an elevation of 6000 feet in the region of Idukki was the summer retreat of the British rulers during colonial times. It is noted for its lush woods and endless stretches of tea farms. Due to its beautiful valleys, mountains, and diverse variety of flora and wildlife, it is one of the most popular tourist attractions in South India.
Options For Spending Time in Munnar
- Enjoy the abundant beauty of tea gardens.
- Worth seeing points- Kundala Lake, Echo Point, Elephant Lake.
- Tata tea museum is a must-visit place.
- Remember to spend a night in the Tree House.
- Elephant safari at the Carmelagiri Elephant Park.
- Mountain biking, Shikara ride on Kundala Lake, and Trekking to Echo point.
- Anamudi peak is a popular site for Hikers.
- Chithirapuram, Devikulam and Chinnakanal are all worth a visit.
Best Way To Get To Munnar
Munnar is a lovely hill station in Kerala which is well connected to the major cities.
The nearest airport is Kochi International Airport and the Aluva railway station is the connected rail transport which is only 110 km away from Munnar.
9. Darjeeling: An Adventurous Door To Tea Gardens
Darjeeling is one of India’s best hill stations, towered by the majestic Kanchenjunga which is 8600 meters above sea level and surrounded by emerald-green tea farms. There is a lot to do on your trip to Darjeeling: ride the cute toy train over the Himalayas, walk through the Dooars green plantations, and learn about Tibetan heritage while having tasty snacks and cuisines.
Options For Spending Time in Darjeeling
- Take the toy train to the hill town.
- Shopping for delights at the Mall Road.
- Padmaja Naidu Zoological Park is a great place to see wildlife.
- Majestic sunrise view from Tiger Hill.
- Trek to the Peace Pagoda.
- Happy Valley Tea Estate is a must-visit site for tea lovers.
- Relax and unwind at Batasia Loop.
Best Way To Get To Darjeeling
The toy train is the most thrilling way to get to this hill town. The nearest railway station is Jalpaiguri and the nearest airport is in Siliguri. You can also easily get the cabs to the sill station.
10. Nainital: The Eye-Shaped Lake Heaven
Nainital, located in heart of Uttrakhand at an elevation of 1900 meters above sea level, is one of India’s top summer destinations. The pleasant hill station is frequently depicted as a forested valley with a gorgeous lake in the middle. The Naini lake and the Naina Devi Temple are the most popular tourist attractions. Without a doubt, summer vacations are incomplete without a visit to Nainital because of its vast variety of tourist sites.
Options For Spending Time in Nainital
- Boating on Naini Lake, Bhimtal, Sattal, and Naukuchiatal.
- Tibetan market shopping.
- Tiffin Top or Dorothy’s Seat are both worth a visit.
- Views of snow-capped mountains by the cable car to snow point.
- Animal lovers must go to the well maintained Nainital Zoo.
- Pay a visit to Naina Devi Temple and Raj Bhavan.
Best Way To Get To Nainital
The nearest airport is Pantnagar airport which is 65 km away and Kathgodam railway station is only 34 km away.
You must drive via road to the hilly beauty to capture the scenic beauty.
11. Lansdowne: A Quiet Small Hill Town
Lansdowne is a beautiful hill town in Uttrakhand’s Pauri Garhwal district blessed with immense beauty. Nature enthusiasts and honeymooners will love being here. Lansdowne is surrounded by Oak and Pine trees. This little hamlet, named after the then Viceroy, Lord Lansdowne, is ideal for some quiet nature walks and popular hikes.
Options For Spending Time in Lansdowne
- See the amazing history of Garhwal rifles.
- Wildlife exploration at Kalagarh Tiger Reserve.
- Visit St. John’s Church for its history and culture.
- Pay a visit to Darwan Singh Sangrahalya.
- Enjoy Bird-watching, Hiking, and Boating.
Best Way To Get To Lansdowne
Travelers may easily reach Lansdowne via road from some famous major cities like Haridwar, Kotdwar and Meerut, etc.
Kotdwar is the nearest railway station which is about 40 km away and is well connected to all big cities.
The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun.
12. Kashmir: Timeless Treasure On Earth
The Kashmir valley’s Triumvirate of Gulmarg, Srinagar, and Pahalgam are always included in any list of summer gateways in India. These three lush paradises provide a calm escape as well as a plethora of sightseeing opportunities, making it one of the most popular honeymoon destinations. The beauty of this paradise on earth is unmatched and timeless which encompasses all kinds of natural delights. Kashmir is the hub of magnificent landscapes, statue-still lakes, snow-clad mountain peaks, and emerald green mountain rivers.
Options For Spending Time in Kashmir
- Some not to be missed places- The Dal Lake, Nishat Bagh, Shalimar Bagh, and Shankaracharya Hill.
- Bird-watching at Hokersar, Shikara ride at Dal Lake, Wildlife seeing at Dachigam National Park.
- Shop from floating markets.
- Visit Betaab valley in Pahalgam.
- Sonamarg, Gulmarg, Srinagar, and Kargil are some worth visiting places.
Best Way To Get To Kashmir
The nearest airport to Kashmir is Srinagar airport which is 14 km from the city center and the nearest railway station is Jammu which is about 305 km away or Udhampur railway station which is 209 km from Srinagar.
13. Mount Abu: The Lone Hill Station Of Rajasthan
Mount Abu is a very picturesque area in Rajasthan, India that takes pleasure in being the state’s only hill station. This city, which is situated on a high rock plateau, has colder weather and spectacular scenery.
It is located in the Aravali range in Rajasthan’s Sirohi district and is west India’s top entry to hill station life in the list of summer destinations. It is known as a desert oasis because of its rivers, lakes and waterfalls, and evergreen trees. It offers something for everyone from lakes to hills to forts to temples.
Options For Spending Time in Mount Abu
- Some must-visit places are- Nakki Lake, Dilwara Jain Temple, Achalgarh Fort, and Toad Rock.
- Go to see Guru Shikhar Trevor’s Crocodile Park and Peace Park.
- Witness sunset at sunset point.
- Boating at Nakki lake is not to be missed.
- Visit ancient forts and artistic temples and lavish Havelis.
Best Way To Get To Mount Abu
The nearest airport is Udaipur to reach Mount Abu which is 185 km away and the Abu road railway station is the nearest railway station which is 28 km away.
14. Shillong: Hills with Lush Greenery
Shillong is undoubtedly the greatest option for anyone considering spending their summer holidays in India in the northeastern states. Shillong is a popular tourist destination due to its beautiful pine-covered hills, dazzling lakes, mystical waterfalls, and adventurous activities.
Shillong is the only hill station in India that is accessible from all directions..!!!
Options For Spending Time in Shillong
- Umiam lake is a great place for boating.
- Some places of interest are- Elephants Falls, Shillong Peak, Don Bosco centers, and Hydari Park.
- Waterfall rappelling in Meghalaya, Trekking to Living Root Bridge, Kyllang Rock.
- River rafting or kayaking at the Kynshi River.
- Do cave exploration, especially at Mawjymbuin caves.
- Yacht riding at Umiam Lake water sports.
Best Way To Get To Shillong
Shillong airport in Umroi is the nearest one which is 40 km from Shillong city and Guwahati railway station is the nearest rail means which is 105 km from Shillong.
Bus service is also provided by the Meghalaya state bus services to the destination.
15. Lonavala: Western Ghat’s Captivating Hill Town
Lonavala, nestled in the western ghats, is a dreamy retreat spot for visitors. At an elevation of 600 meters above sea level, the hill station is filled with beautiful lakes, waterfalls, and old caves. It offers a variety of hiking and trekking. The weather remains tourist-friendly all over the year.
Options For Spending Time in Lonavala
- Find calm at Kune waterfalls.
- Canyon valley trek to encourage yourself.
- Hot air balloon ride.
- The Lohagard fort is not to be missed.
- Take a look at the Bhaja caves.
- Camping at Aundoli.
Best Way To Get To Lonavala
The nearest airport is the Pune airport and the Lonavala railway station is the nearest rail means. You can easily get cabs to the hill town.
Wrap Up Time: Do a visit to your Favorite Destination
We have gathered this awesome summer destination list for you. Let’s walk outside and explore the outside world. If you plan to visit any of the above-listed best tour places, then share your experience in the comment section below. We will love to hear from you…!!!!!
Have a wonderful summer vacation…!!!!!